AdWords
3.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How does Google refund invalid clicks costs ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there ,

I have been using Google Adwords for a month now . I have got 83,000 invalid clicks . I have two questions .

1) Since Google detected these 83,000 fake clicks , Does it charge me for them ?

2) How do I get refunded for my fake clicks ?

I send a picture of my fake clicks amount . Please help me . This is too much invalid activities .

Image : https://s29.postimg.org/bmyce4prb/at22.png

Regards ,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @damla s invalid clicks are automatically excluded by the system, so you didn't pay for them 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @damla s invalid clicks are automatically excluded by the system, so you didn't pay for them 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Per @damla s, the invalid clicks are removed. Google post-processes AdWords accounts after midnight, in the time zone the account is setup for, the process is sometimes referred to as "click washing" (removal of invalid clicks).  The data stabilizes by around 8am, at that time invalid clicks will have been credited. So you are not going to pay for them.  This article may be helpful:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

I would say there is something dramatically wrong with either the campaign, or your site if over 90% of your clicks are invalid. If you share the url of your site we may be able to give you a better idea of what could be going on. Have you looked at the server log for your website to determine if the clicks are coming from a single IP address?  How about your dimensions report for Geography, are they all coming from one country which you can exclude?

hth