AdWords
4.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do i switch from my regular adwords to adwords manager without creating new email?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already have an account associated with Google Adwords, but no campaigns have been run. I have deleted this acocunt in order to sign up with Google Adwords Manager but everytime i use that e-mail it tells me: This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How do i switch from my regular adwords to adwords manager without creating new email?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Aly S,

The easiest way is to create a new email address. I know you do not want to, but it makes the process fast and easy. By creating a new email address (even a temporary one), you can assign that new email to your old AdWords account, then remove your main email address... which is now free for the AdWords Manager Account uses. 

You could also attempt to get AdWords to delete the old AdWords account, which they sometimes will/won't do. Simply open your AdWords account, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown, or click on Help (same location) and use another method to interact with support. 

Kind Regards,

James

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Correct per James - just have this to add re: a way to manage it:

The way I handled the same problem, 3 years ago was to create a new Gmail address which was the same as my business gmail address, but with .engineering appended, to use with the MCC account.  e.g., "emailname.engineering@gmail.com".  Then i forwarded the email from that account to the emailname@gmail.com account, so i do not have another email queue to check (and i rarely use it).  Some messages are going to automatically go there though, so you should forward the 2nd email address if you go that way. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Forwarding the new email is a great way to mitigate that new email account. Great advice, Steve. 

When I set up my AdWords Manager Account (old name MCC/My Client Center) years ago, I created a company email much like Steve did, which manages all of my agency stuff (I am a badged Google Partner, Google GYBO Partner, Google G Suite Partner, Google Local Guide... and more) and so I get a lot of email from Google, lol. But it is all great stuff that I want and recommend, so do forward the email so you receive it. You will also get some valuable insights from Google regarding your clients accounts within the AdWords Manager Account.

All the Best,

James