AdWords
6.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do i get Goolge Reps to stop calling me?

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

How do i get Google adwords account representatives to STOP calling my business lines and sending me emails?  If I need their assistance I will contact them.  There must be away to stop their calling which borders on harassment.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @,

There are a few different things to consider. 

It is likely that these phone calls are not coming from Google AdWords at all. Scammers and aggressive companies play trickery with slick words and fast-talking nonsense in the hopes someone will turn over their accounts to them. And often times, the same scam company will keep calling until you get stern with them and ask for their full name, agency name, phone number and strongly use the words "are you Google or someone that represents Google?" Ask them send you info to your email address on file with Google (don't give them a new one) or for their google.com email address... NOT a Gmail email address. Only Google employees can have a google.com email address.

Google does not harass or pester anyone with any of their products. They are a well-behaved company with regards to a users wishes. They gain nothing by aggravating or upsetting you... but those fake/scammers do! 

Please read this information and report them so Google can stop them from bothering you and others, too.

Kind Regards,

James

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Per James that is not at all how Google rolls.  It is the oldest "black-hat SEO sales" trick in the book, claiming they're affiliated with Google.  

On the rare instance that Google does an outbound call, if you simply ask them once they will not call again.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I can relate to that since here in Brazil we have a long time problem with Google when sometimes they call to the client directly offering services and consultancy.

One way I found to decrease that is by going over the "Gear" icon on the top right corner of Adwords and then on "Account Settings". After, select "Notification settings" on the left side of the page and turn off the options: "Customized help and performance suggestions", "Google market research" and "Special offers".

I never had that problem after doing these steps.

Hope this helps.

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @leandrofm,

As yes... this is very important to do. I am surprised I overlooked that advice. Thanks for adding such a helpful tip to this discussion. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @leandrofm

It's been a year since this post was made. I'm a new adwords user and receiving these calls every few days. It's really annoying. I followed your advice and noticed the Notification Settings screen says "Decide which email notifications you receive." So, according to Google, this setting is just about email (and not about calls). If it manages to stop callers, that'd be great, but surprising. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere telling Google not to share my phone number with partners. Does anybody know?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have to disagree with this. Google Account Strategists harass as much as fake "we partner with Google" companies do, and in my experience, contact me more often. An AdWords rep has contacted my client, called me and emailed me several times. I don't want a free consultation so you can try to get more money from my client with terms that don't apply to them. This part of the question/complaint wasn't addressed. Is there a way to indicate you don't want a Google Account Strategist to contact anyone on the account? I couldn't find one... and I don't want a free consultation to find out how to do that, either.

Thanks

Randall