AdWords
6.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do i cancel my Adwords account from the Get Started Screen?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am moving my old Adwords account to my new email address, however, at my new emails address i accidentally started the "Get Started" Wizard for the adwords/adwords express.

The wizard has the following:

About your business
Your first campaign -> i am here and trying to cancel
Billing
Review

How do i delete/cancel this new Google adwords account without finishing this wizard? I can't get to the dashboard to see "My account" to get into the cancellation option.

I need to cancel this new account so i can transfer admin privileges from my old email to the new email.

Thanks! 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author George V
September 2015

Re: How do i cancel my Adwords account from the Get Started Screen?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have managed to solve the problem, i had to enter billing details and wait 10 minutes for everything to get setup.

Therefore, the solution is there is no solution to this problem, there is no way to bypass the get started wizard, and no way to bypass the billing details. This is a real issue and puts one at risk for a TOS violation of "promoting" similar content without intended to.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi George V,

I guess your objective is to have admin access to your old AdWords account through a new email address. You'll have to log in to the account (with old email address) and invite the new email address as an admin user, then accept it from the new email address (through the email that would be sent) and then go back to AdWords account (using old email) to grant access.

Now the issue is that you've signed up for an AdWords account (or in the process hopefully!) using the new email address. If the email address is already associated to a new AdWords account, cancelling the account wouldn't help since the email address would still be linked to the account. You'll have to do a bit of workaround to get the email address unlinked, then link it to your old AdWords account. Here's a nice article I'd recommend reading.

Please note - These steps would apply if the account is already created. Hopefully, if it isn't yet, you can go ahead with adding the new email address as an admin. I'd first suggest inviting the new email address and try accepting the invitation. You can do the workaround if you see an error about the existing account.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Upon the invite, it says the new email address is already linked to an account --- the new accidental account at my new email --- the one i am in the Wizard and trying not to create.

This is preventing me to accept the invitation. My main goal is to free my new address of this new google adwords account so i can accept the invite from my old account.

How do i do this?

i am getting this message:

A Google Account can only have access to one AdWords account.

The Google Account george@mydomainhere.com already has access to an AdWords account.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
This means the new account has been created accidentally Smiley Sad
Please follow steps in the article to unlink the email address, so you can use it for your old account. Give a shout if you're not sure about any step!
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for writing back.

There is something i want to emphasize, i CAN'T access my account information, invite users, etc etc. because i am stuck on the "Get Started" Screen as stated above.

Therefore, i can't follow that particular article since i can't execute Step 2.

I am always at this screen:

https://adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home

How do i bypass everything without entering my Billing information or creating a campaign etc?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I realize i need to go here:
https://adwords.google.com/um/AcctPref/Home

But i keep getting redirected to here:
https://adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Could you try clearing cache-cookies and see if the account settings page is accessible? If you can't get past that, you can create a dummy campaign and proceed to account access page. You'd anyways not use the account I suppose. Just remember NOT to enter any billing details Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well i was hoping to prevent that, that was the point of the question.
I can't bypass the billing page. How do i skip it?

Additionally, isn't it against the TOS to have duplicate billing information? i won't be responsible if my account is flagged due to advice given here, i will re-direct them to this page.

Thanks

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

George,

Creating a duplicate account happens accidentally and I'm sure many of us would have faced it in our initial days with AdWords. As I've suggested in my previous response, please DO NOT enter billing details. This is not only from the TOS perspective, but also from your own POV that you wouldn't need an additional account. Post the first campaign creation page, are you able to see something like 'Set up billing later' at the bottom of the page? AdWords allows skipping the option to the time being and set up billing later.

Could you check please?

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no "billing later" option