AdWords
1.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do I login to my adwords manager account with a non gmail address?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got the confirmation email for my adwords manager account ( a non gmail address), but when I go to sign in, I get taken to a page with my Google accounts and I am asked to choose one. Am I missing something?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Scott S,

Did you ever set up the non-gmail account as a Google account? You will need to complete that step (which is what you are being prompted to do) in order to use the email with your AdWords Manager Account (or any Google product/service). 

Any email address can be used for a Google Account. Gmail is only one option for email within a Google Account, but any email that uses Google products/services becomes a Google Account. 

Please let us know if we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Scott S,

Did you ever set up the non-gmail account as a Google account? You will need to complete that step (which is what you are being prompted to do) in order to use the email with your AdWords Manager Account (or any Google product/service). 

Any email address can be used for a Google Account. Gmail is only one option for email within a Google Account, but any email that uses Google products/services becomes a Google Account. 

Please let us know if we can help further.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok-I've got that figured out (thank you very much), but now when I try to login to the adwords manager account I get re-directed to Adwords Express. What up with that?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Scott S

If you are in adwords express screen, then can you see three vertical dots at top right of the screen.

Now select "view in adwords" option from the dropdown and you will be directed to adwords interface.

Thanks,

Manikandan G

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Scott S,

You are very welcome.

You can get back to AdWords as Manikandan stated. Also, if you have visited AdWords Express, that cookie could still be associated with your web browser/computer. You can try to log out, clear the Google Chrome browser cache and then go to https://adwords.google.com/ and log in. This should have you at your AdWords Manager Account. Once you get there, add it as a bookmark to your toolbar and simply click and go anytime. 

Kind Regards,

James