AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do I gain access to an Adwords account knowing only the Customer ID?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our instance of Pardot is connected to a particular Adwords Customer ID that is different from the Customer ID that I know about. The marketing person has left and is unreachable. This is not in the available notes. How do I find out how to log in based on only the Customer ID? I can access any e-mail address on our domain but don't know where to start. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pbtrackercorp
September 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help. We do not use an MCC account. I had to Google MCC to find that it refers to My Client Center. I was able to find the e-mail by calling 866-2GOOGLE. (866-246-6453). I had to list a number of possible e-mail addresses and fortunately was able to find the one that matched. I was then asked for a series of criteria that had to match their records.

Please reply to this email with the information requested below. Once I receive your response, I'll work with you to help you regain access to your AdWords account.

1. Payment Information

- If you are billed via credit card or direct debit: Please provide the exact amount of the last charge and the date on which it was made.

- If you are billed via invoicing: Please provide the exact amount and date of your last invoice.

- If you are billed via bank transfer: Please provide the reference number and amount of your last transfer.

2. Payment Instrument Details

- If you are billed via credit card: Please provide: the type of credit card (MasterCard, VISA, Discover Card, etc.), your name as it appears on the card, the last 4 digits of the card number, and the expiration date. Please do not send your complete card number.

- If you are billed via direct debit: Please provide the last four digits of your bank account number.

3. Company name and the billing address listed in your AdWords account

4. The display URL (web address which appears in your ads) of the website you are advertising.

5. Sample keywords for one or more of your campaigns

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are using a MCC account, send a request using the customer ID. the email should be sent to one of the emails and you can find out which one it is. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pbtrackercorp
September 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help. We do not use an MCC account. I had to Google MCC to find that it refers to My Client Center. I was able to find the e-mail by calling 866-2GOOGLE. (866-246-6453). I had to list a number of possible e-mail addresses and fortunately was able to find the one that matched. I was then asked for a series of criteria that had to match their records.

Please reply to this email with the information requested below. Once I receive your response, I'll work with you to help you regain access to your AdWords account.

1. Payment Information

- If you are billed via credit card or direct debit: Please provide the exact amount of the last charge and the date on which it was made.

- If you are billed via invoicing: Please provide the exact amount and date of your last invoice.

- If you are billed via bank transfer: Please provide the reference number and amount of your last transfer.

2. Payment Instrument Details

- If you are billed via credit card: Please provide: the type of credit card (MasterCard, VISA, Discover Card, etc.), your name as it appears on the card, the last 4 digits of the card number, and the expiration date. Please do not send your complete card number.

- If you are billed via direct debit: Please provide the last four digits of your bank account number.

3. Company name and the billing address listed in your AdWords account

4. The display URL (web address which appears in your ads) of the website you are advertising.

5. Sample keywords for one or more of your campaigns

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Call the Google help number and explain the situation and that the person has left, but that you can access their email in order to reset a password and add a new user to the account.  I just had that happen with one of my clients.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Sorry for the late answer...no response was showing until I posted my answer.  Glad you got it straightened out.