AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do I disassociate an AdWords account from an existing Google ID?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to transfer the ownership of an AdWords account (more specifically, AdWords Express) from one Google ID to another - both of which I am the admin on. I got as far as inviting another user to manager the account, but when trying to accept the email invite, I receive an error message stating "This Google Account is already associated with the maximum number of AdWords accounts." I have tried following numerous online instructions to resolve this, but to no avail... Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Re: How do I disassociate an AdWords account from an existing Google ID?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ryan,

An email address can be associated with only 1 adwords account until its an adwords manager account.
If you are not using adwords manager account and trying to transfer the admin access to another email address, then that email address must not be associated with any adwords account.

So, you need to create a different email address(must not be associated with any adwords account) and grant admin access to this new email address from the adwords account by accessing with current login details.
Now, accept the invitation from the link in the inbox of that email, without login directly to adwords with the new email address.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ryan,

An email address can be associated with only 1 adwords account until its an adwords manager account.
If you are not using adwords manager account and trying to transfer the admin access to another email address, then that email address must not be associated with any adwords account.

So, you need to create a different email address(must not be associated with any adwords account) and grant admin access to this new email address from the adwords account by accessing with current login details.
Now, accept the invitation from the link in the inbox of that email, without login directly to adwords with the new email address.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem is with this step: "grant admin access to this new email address from the adwords account by accessing with current login details." I can't seem to access the account settings anywhere...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
After login with the current details,
Go to the settings(gear icon) >> account settings >> account access >> +users >> write that new email address and choose the access level >> send invitation

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no gear icon. This is what I see:

screen-shot.png