AdWords
1.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do I completely remove adwords Account (no more ID)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created an AdWords Account for a website that already has an adwords account - I "cancelled/deactivated" this account to avoid duplicate (it says now on a red, notice strip: "Your account isn't active - Looks like your ads aren't running because you've canceled your account. Reactivate | Contact us")

...but when I was invited to the actual AdWords account for our website (the same website), I can't be added anymore, saying: "A Google Account can only have access to one AdWords account.  The Google Account vernard@superdraft.com.au already has access to an AdWords account."

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I completely remove adwords Account (no more ID)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
The deactivated account is already linked to your email id.
The easy solution is -Create a new email id and give access to deactivated acount as admin and remove your main email id from this and accept the new adwords account access.

Re: How do I completely remove adwords Account (no more ID)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
As Mr Anil Advised you the proper solution.
You first create a dummy account then give administrative access to that dummy account from your current adwords acount.
Now you can remove access to your previous or original account, as there is one other account(dummy account) with the administrative access which can also be used to grant/Remove access to any other account.

Hope it will help you.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’