AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do I close a brand new unused Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been invited to access our 3rd party agency (myclient) account. However when following the invitation I get the message "This Google Account is already associated with the maximum number of AdWords accounts. To proceed, please enter a different email address." - I can't use a different email address because its a company profile and we're limited.

All the information I have points to getting 'My' account closed before I can access 'their' account as a 3rd party. However my account isn't set up fully, so I don't have access to any of the settings yet - which i believe includes the preference to close/cancel your adwords account.

Does anyone how I get my account closed, without having to set up a campaign, add bank details etc?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Martin M
August 2016

Re: How do I close a brand new unused Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Martin,

The only way is to contact Google and ask for the partially-opened account to be closed, and your email removed.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206

You might have to jump through a few hoops to prove who you are, but they will fix this for you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Martin M
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Martin,

The only way is to contact Google and ask for the partially-opened account to be closed, and your email removed.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206

You might have to jump through a few hoops to prove who you are, but they will fix this for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the advice - I eventually went through twitter as is the modern way!!!! The response time was surprisingly efficient and the issues was resolved within 48hrs.