AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do I close Adwords Express and go to the full version of Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to open an adword account but I was directed to adwords express automatically. How do I get out of it and go to the full version?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You can click in the upper right of the interface and a pop-up menu will present the choice, "Go to AdWords".  

I have sometimes been able to get Google to "hard wire" AdWords as the default interface, in accounts which previously used AdWords express, by calling in to support.  But even Google, seems to struggle with this at times.  Perhaps someone else in the forum knows how to "throw the switch". 

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Huh, interesting. Thanks for the information Steve. Apparently this is a pretty big issue with many new advertisers. You may have just provided the simplest solution to the problem yet. Smiley Happy

Have you actually created an AdWords Express account yet Patrick?

Tom

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes Tom, this is an issue that seems to perplex even the Google support reps whenever i call in on it.

It seems that once you taste the fruit of a simpler campaign configuration by running AdWords express, you are consigned to going through the AdWords Express screen every time you need to get to the full AdWords interface.  I would enjoy seeing a solution to this issue implemented, or discovered... perhaps there is already a way.  

This comes up with a lot of newbie advertisers who are making the transition from Express to full AdWords.