AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do I cancel Adwords for an account I cannot log into?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up Adwords with a dedicated email address in 2014. I cannot log into that account (says it cannot "verify" me when I attempt to recover the password). Phone support could not solve.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I cancel Adwords for an account I cannot log into?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Deborah H,

Are you sure of the email account used to create the AdWords account? 

Do you have access to previous emails from the AdWords account? What about access to the advertised website's code (to add verification code to the site's source code)? 

If you can prove you set it up and can validate ownership of the account, you should connect with AdWords Support (try live chat) and press the issue and that you can verify ownership.

Call

Speak with an AdWords expert from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday at 1-866-2GOOGLE (246-6453) in English and Spanish.

Calling from a different country? See our full list of phone numbers

Video Call

Talk face-to-face with an AdWords expert from 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday. To get connected, you’ll need a headset and a microphone for your computer. Start a video call now

Chat

Get immediate help online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Live experts are standing by. Chat now

Email

Fill out our contact form to email us with any questions you have about your advertising, and we'll get back to you within 24 hours. Email us now

Please give let us know how this goes and if we can try and provide further help.

Kind Regards,

James