AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How do I access the keyword planner, delete my account, or contact support?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I accidentally clicked continue instead of skip when I signed up, and now I'm stuck - it won't let me do anything until I enter billing information. Is there any way to back out of this? I need to get to the keyword planning tool before I can create an ad!

Failing that, is there any way to delete an account? It looks like it won't allow me to do ANYTHING until I give them money, which frankly I am less and less likely ever to do, given the trouble I've had just getting started.

I have also tried to contact support.

I found a link to send them an email: It went to a 404 error page.

I found a link to contact them on chat: It took me to their help center - no chat!

Do they actually have a support service at all? Or is that, also, only available after paying?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joshua,

Due to recent changes, the use of the Keyword Planner Tools is now limited for users not spending funds on their campaigns.

We have an important ongoing thread on this subject in the AdWords Announcements category of this forum.

***   Updates to the Keyword Planner Tool   ***

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Announcements/Updates-to-the-Keyword-Planner-Tool/...

A certain user by the name @Jae B posted this finding on Aug 19, 2016. "...found out that if I spend at least the recommended amount in the range that Google provides, 24 hours later I have full access to the keyword planner." 

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi joshua,

you cant do anything without adding funds to your adwords account. 

regards,

Zaby

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include self-promotional links in your posts or signature. The use of a signature is a privilege reserved for members of the Google Top Contributor program