AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How can you find out why your account was suspended?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm starting at a new company and they were unaware their account was suspended. How can it be corrected as it is tied to our website etc.  We are willing to have legal step in if necessary.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

For business issues like AdWords campaign suspensions you need to speak to Google.  This is a forum staffed by volunteer AdWords professionals, we are not employees of Google and cannot speak for them.  Here is how to reach Google: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6273970

If you tell us what business sector you are in, or share the url we can probably provide an educated guess as to what's going on.  Google is constantly revising it's criteria for ads so just because they have run in the past doesn't mean an issue can't come up. 

Re: How can you find out why your account was suspended?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Steve!  We're in the Sports Industry, if that's what you mean, our domain is http://nll.com/    

There was an ad that tried to run in 2011 but it was suspended because the video wasn't available. I'm thinking this is what caused the issue, but would that suspend the whole account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I can't find an original email, I actually found out the account was suspended when I called because I couldn't change a Google Analytics setting. 

Our domain is - http://nll.com/

There was an ad that tried to run in 2011 but it was suspended because the video wasn't available. I'm thinking this is what caused the issue, but would that suspend the whole account?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Stephanie M;

If you were suspended in the past and did not fix the violation - you  would not be able to advertise again the initial violation is fixed. (No mater how many years have elapsed...)

On the current site: do you own the rights to promote and stream the content?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If we fix the violation, would we be able to pursue having the suspension lifter? 

I will double check, but yes we should have the rights to promote and stream the content as it is for our league.