AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How can i completely get a new ad words account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have an adwords account that i created when i was living in Sweden. I moved to another country and i would like to change the currency.

I am forced to cancel and get a new account. How can i do this? no one seems to be able to help.

Smiley Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Moussa R,

You will need to use a new email address. You can create a new email address and then add it as the admin to the old account, pause all the campaigns and pay the final bill (make sure to do so)... then remove your main email, which will free it for new use with the new AdWords account. You can only have one email address associated with AdWords, so this effectively takes care of that. 

Once all of this is done and you have properly closed out the old account by the steps above, you could use AdWords support to simply close the old account.

You could also create a free AdWords Manger Account and add both accounts to it. You can have accounts that are paused and paid out, which preserves the history of them. This set up is meant to house/manage many seperate AdWords accounts, which is what us agencies do.   

Kind Regards,

James

Re: How can i completely get a new ad words account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @James_Clemens

Thanks for the reply. I actually tried to do what you recommend. I added two accounts. But I couldn't remove myself from the account. the new admin account has full access however, i couldnt terminate myself. Even when i logged with my new account. 

Any idea why?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Moussa R,

Very welcome, sir. 

You will need to use different web browsers or log out and clear your browser cache between steps. Also, you need to receive the email to add new user, complete that step before you can terminate yourself. Each step has to be independent of each other and those cookies need cleared... to avoid what you are hitting. You will need to use the new user account to remove the old user account... or use the old user account to remove the new user account.  

Give it a try again and see what happens. 

Kind Regards,

James