AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get the 'Get started' wizard to forget the URL I input?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Before I registered a domain I tried to sign into my AdWords account to use the keyword tool for some research (I heard . . it's dead now). I used the URL of an old website to attempt to follow the wizard through and get back into the main admin area to see the keyword tool.

Now I have registered a domain I actually want to set up my AdWords account in readiness for when I want to launch. Every time I sign in it re-directs me to the Get Started wizard with the old URL entered. There's no way to get it to forget this and my only option is to continue to input billing information.

How can I reset the wizard so it doesn't think I'm trying to buy ads for a dead website? I tried clearing cookies and cache but it looks like my session has been saved server side with no way for me to clear the data.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to delete my account as it is used for a few services and don't want to create a new Google account just to get past this poor UX design. Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I get the 'Get started' wizard to forget the URL I input?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Owen P

The best approach would be to fill in test data into input fields and complete the billing. Now when you are in the main dashboard, you can pause the test campaign. The new AdWords start page aims to make the campaign creation process easier and that's how it is designed. There does not seem to be any skip link.

The test data approach would be the best thing here.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter 

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.