2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

How can I change the language I want to advertise in ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To the question "What language do you want to advertise in?" I can't choose "English" , I have no choice , only "French" . What can I do ? Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

How can I change the language I want to advertise in ?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sophie L,

There is a language option for the Google AdWords user interface (dashboard)... and then there is language targeting, which is set at the campaign level. If you have an existing campaign that is set to advertise in French, you cannot advertise in another. You want to create a new campaign for each language and set it during the campaign creation process.

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at
  2. Click the Campaigns tab.
  3. Click the name of the campaign you wish to edit to open your campaign settings.
  4. Click the Settings tab.
  5. Next to "Languages", click Edit.
  6. Select your target language(s). In our example, we've selected only English.
  7. Click Save.

Your language settings allow you to put your ads on Google products and third-party websites in the languages that your customers speak. While you can edit the existing language of a campaign, keep in mind that you would want to edit all components of the campaign (keywords, ads, etc.) in doing so... which is not ideal. You are better off to pause a campaign and create a new one in the language you are targeting. 

Please let us know how things go with this. 

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile