AdWords
3.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How can I change the company name that is tied with my AdWords manager account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to sign up my company to the Google Partners. While I'm using my AdWords manager account I get that message: "The AdWords manager account provided is tied to the following company:" (this is the previous name of my company and I don't want to use it anymore).

How can I change the company name that is tied with my AdWords manager account in order to create a profile in the Google Partners and start taking the certifications exams?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @albert_aws_api a

You can change your Adwords Manager Account name by the following steps:

1. Click the Wheel button in the upper right corner of your screen.
2. Then click Account settings.
3. Under Display name for clients, click Edit.
4. Next, to Business information, you can then edit the business name as per your need.

Please let me know if you are able to change your Manager Account name with this information.

Thanks,

Aslam

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Albert,

Changing your display name is not going to fix your issue with Google Partners. It is a good thing to do, however, and the help Aslam provided is how you do that. 

I operate a badged Google Partner agency (and help look after the Google Partners community) and understand that you want to set up a company profile with Google Partners so that you can complete that requirement... and manage your company status with Google Partners. It's great that you are doing this and we welcome you. 

Let's start off with you reading all of this information. This will help you better understand your company profile with Google Partners. As you will read under the FAQ section, you need a AdWords Manager Account and it must be connected to your company profile with Google Partners. With you having a AdWords Manager Account already, you just need to connect it to your Google Partners company account... which is what you are here seeking help with. 

Please keep in mind that you need also need a individual Google Partners account (with it's own email) and a Google Partners company account (with it's own email). You can learn more here. The company account will manage all users and perform duties with Google Partners that your individual account will not. You will then connect your individual account to your company account. 

• You should review what emails are associated with your AdWords Manager Account. 1. Click the Wheel button in the upper right corner of your screen. 2. Then click Account settings. 3. You need to click on Account Access in the left hand menu stack.
  • Now you need to remove the old email to the old company... and add the new email with administrative access. This email will be the one you use to create your Google Partners company profile. This email needs to be fresh (not already used with GP, AdWords, etc.). 

This should provide the assistance you need. If you need more help, the AdWords community is here. Be sure to jump next door to the Google Partners community, too. I am one of the professionals that care for that community and we are all here to help.

All the Best,

James