4.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

How can I change the business associated to my Adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created an account for a small business(in US) on Adwords and I no longer work for them; now I have a new job /small business (in Argentina) and I want to change it but it wont let me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How can I change the business associated to my Adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Samuel R,

If you are the only person on the AdWords account, you first have to add another user and then assign the account to another admin and then remove yourself by that admin. 

You can either get someone at your previous employer to accept ownership, or you can simply create another email account and use that for the purpose. 

With that said, I would suggest you set up an AdWords Manager Account and then leave the old account in there, which will help you retain the history and help build up your AdWords Manager Account status. 

If not of this is what you want, you can open up AdWords and click on the gear icon and click Cancel Account, which will take a little time to process and completely kill it off. I essence, all AdWords accounts have to belong to someone to remain. Google AdWords does finally allow the same email address to be assigned to five accounts, but the correct way to handle more than one account is through a AdWords Manager Account. 

Please let us know if you need more help.

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile