AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How can I can use Keyword Planner without creating Ads? I am stuck on Express 'Get Started'

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am stuck on Express 'Get Started' page, how can i skip that or go direct to KeyWord Planner.

2 Expert replyverified_user

How can I can use Keyword Planner without creating Ads? I am stuck on Express 'Get Started'

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sagar R,

Google AdWords Express does not use a keyword system for targeting so you would never be able to gain access to the Keyword Planner through AdWords Express, regardless of activity or spend. 

Now then, Google made changes to the Keyword Planner tool so that only real Adwords accounts can use the tool. And the tool is now tied to campaigns in a way that spend/budget amounts affect the data provided by Keyword Planner. So simply creating an AdWords account for the sake of gaining access to the tool is not ideal any longer. 

If you want search metrics and do not wish to spend money with AdWords, just use Google Trends, which is the newest product for data metric research. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Sagar R,

I want to confirm whether the issue is related to AdWords Express Or AdWords.

If it is about the AdWords Express then @James_Clemens has already provided you the solution.

But if it regarding the Google AdWords then you need to complete the account setup and must have an active campaign with some spent.

Otherwise, the tool will show limited data if the spent is low.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’