2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

How can Google Ads be removed from website that I did not put there?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not have an adwords or ad sense account, but somehow google ads are popping up on my wordpress website. I emailed and got some rhetorical feed back with no real action about how to remove. I need to get these Pop ups OFF my website. Please let me know HOW to remove these for good! Any help is much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

How can Google Ads be removed from website that I did not put there?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Holly R,

If you did not put them on your website, how did they get there? 

• Is your website hacked?
  • Do you use free hosting that puts ads there to pay for your hosting service? 
  • Have you given anyone else access to your hosting service or source files?
  • Do you have a easily guessed password to your WordPress admin panel or to the FTP account? FTP stands for file transfer protocol and it allows anyone with those credentials to access the website hosting service and manipulate any files, folders or contents.

While I give you this food for thought, please know that your issue is not with Google or Google AdWords, and that this is a help community for Google AdWords. We cannot offer assistance for anything else here, nor can we access your accounts and investigate anything personal, such as your website.

Think about my questions and work through them... then contact your hosting provider and ask them to review your website and explain where the ads are coming from. If needed, hire a web developer/designer to audit your source files and remove the malware or coding that is allowing the ads to be present.

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile