AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How To Move Up the Only Ad on a Results Page From Below the Organic Results

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone,

I have the only ad on the first page of search results, but my ad appears all the way at the bottom - below the organic search results. How can I get my ad to the top of the page? Would increasing my bid move my ad up above the organic search results? 

Thank you in advance!

Allie 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AllieMargeson
September 2016

Re: How To Move Up the Only Ad on a Results Page From Below the Organic Results

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @AllieMargeson,

I would use custom columns so you can see more info about your keyword quality score, placement, etc.. This will help you better understand what is needed. You can set a top of page bid, which should do the trick.

• First page bid estimate: the bid you likely need to set for your ad to be shown anywhere on the first page of search results.
  • Top of page bid estimate: the bid you likely need to set for your ad to be shown among the ads at the top of the first page of search results.
  • First position bid estimate: The bid you likely need to set for your ad to be shown in the first ad position at the top of the first page of search results.

Take a look at this Google Help File, which I think you will enjoy. 

With that said, I have seen pages where the ads will not go at the top, no matter. This is not often though. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AllieMargeson
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @AllieMargeson,

I would use custom columns so you can see more info about your keyword quality score, placement, etc.. This will help you better understand what is needed. You can set a top of page bid, which should do the trick.

• First page bid estimate: the bid you likely need to set for your ad to be shown anywhere on the first page of search results.
  • Top of page bid estimate: the bid you likely need to set for your ad to be shown among the ads at the top of the first page of search results.
  • First position bid estimate: The bid you likely need to set for your ad to be shown in the first ad position at the top of the first page of search results.

Take a look at this Google Help File, which I think you will enjoy. 

With that said, I have seen pages where the ads will not go at the top, no matter. This is not often though. 

Kind Regards,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Google decides the layout of the SERP's. If, in this case, there is only one ad per page, and only at the bottom of the page, then that is the only first page result available. Some industries seem to see this more often than others. If search network advertising isn't working for you, perhaps try a different approach.
Tom