AdWords
5.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

How Google prevents the competition of same branch different branch

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How Google actually prevents the competition of same brand but different branches adwords? 

For example: I own a restaurant in Taiwan with more than 10 franchises. Currently, I am using Google Search Network to increase the awareness of my franchising business to the public. However, some of my franchisee at different city intends to use Google Adwords to increase the visit. The question is here, my Google Adwords is targeting whole Taiwan, but my franchisee Google Adwords is targeting 10km within their location. Therefore, when both the principle (for franchising business opportunity) and the franchisee (for the visit to the restaurant) are bidding for the same keyword, how Google ranks their ads? Assume that both of their quality scores the same. (The principle has more budget on advertising )

Meaning that, when people search within an area, does Google give the priority to the one who targeted the location in specific? Or it only depends on bidding price and quality score?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Google prevents the competition of same branch different branc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Do you share the same domain with different landing pages or each franchise has it's own domain / website?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They use facebook account as landing page

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Announsor C

>>" Or it only depends on bidding price and quality score?

You are correct.   In this scenario, since the Geo targeting overlaps, ads compete for an "ad slot" on the same SERP. If the ad has an ad-rank high enough to win an ad-slot - then the ad will be shown.

If your ad and the franchise both have an ad-rank which is high enough, both will be shown.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’