AdWords
5.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Help! how do i remove an AD Word Manager from my ad word account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hired a company to start my companies ad word ad for me. Now that I have paid them and wants them off of my account. My settings on my ad word account keeps saying that i do not have authority to remove them. I don`t want them to keep having authority to change or add anything else to my ad word account help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emelin,

If you are not an admin of the account, you cannot remove them. You would need to ask them to make you the admin and then you would have permission levels high enough to remove them (or anyone else). 

Technically, whoever created the account is the owner of it until it is handed off to another (such as making you the admin), so there is no way to force them to hand over the account. Some agencies do not turn over accounts once they are let go/fired/terminated, since they consider it having proprietary techniques.

In the end, you will have to work with whoever has control and get them to provide it to you... or you would have to get them to pause all activity in it and you would need to start over with your own account.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emelin,

If you are not an admin of the account, you cannot remove them. You would need to ask them to make you the admin and then you would have permission levels high enough to remove them (or anyone else). 

Technically, whoever created the account is the owner of it until it is handed off to another (such as making you the admin), so there is no way to force them to hand over the account. Some agencies do not turn over accounts once they are let go/fired/terminated, since they consider it having proprietary techniques.

In the end, you will have to work with whoever has control and get them to provide it to you... or you would have to get them to pause all activity in it and you would need to start over with your own account.

Kind Regards,

James