AdWords
4.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Hello why I cannot use a gmail account to log in Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My present email account is not going to be used any long and I wish to use the gmail to access and continue work with adwords.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hello why I cannot use a gmail account to log in Adwords?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

From what I could gather, you'd like to change your account login email and stop using the current email address. You can add your Gmail as an admin user, provided it is not linked to any AdWords account. I'd recommend following these steps to accomplish this.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply however
the adwords account is cancelled but the gmail is still linked to this cancelled account.
I need to use it in another adwords account whose login email can t use it any more since contract email package is going to expire?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi there,

Cancelling the account wouldn't help in this case, as the email address (Gmail in this case) would still be linked to the old account. You'll have to unlink the email address from the old account by introducing another email address.

Here's a nice article on this issue you can follow. I'd suggest following steps in the article to get your email address unlinked (and give access to the new account) or use a different email address altogether.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar