AdWords
3.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Hacked Issue Fixed, Webmaster Reconsideration Pending. Can I run the Call Only Adword account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone - 

Yesterday we noticed that Google is showing "This site may be hacked" message in organic listing. Immediately we paused our Adwords account and fixed the issue.

At this point of time issue has been fixed and reconsideration request has been submitted in search console (Webmaster Tool) however so far we have not received any response from Google and Hacked message is still in SERP.

As the issue has been fixed, can I run my call only adword account or it would create a problem for me. Should I wait for the response from Google in search console? Please suggest what is the best course of action here.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hitendrenda r
May 2016

Re: Hacked Issue Fixed, Webmaster Reconsideration Pending. Can I run the Call Only Adword account

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Please clarify what was hacked? The website or the AdWords account or both?
Generally speaking the site promoted has to comply with webmaster guidelines. So, if at the moment, the site does not comply - the account (if was not hacked) would be most likely suspended, until the webmaster violation is fixed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Hacked Issue Fixed, Webmaster Reconsideration Pending. Can I run the Call Only Adword account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@hitendrenda r

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to wait for the all clear.  How long since you sent the reconsideration request?  I've personally had to deal with this issue twice in my career, and I recall the reconsideration part being handled in 24-48 hours.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It has been more than 24 hours...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hitendrenda r
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Please clarify what was hacked? The website or the AdWords account or both?
Generally speaking the site promoted has to comply with webmaster guidelines. So, if at the moment, the site does not comply - the account (if was not hacked) would be most likely suspended, until the webmaster violation is fixed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’