AdWords
6.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google refuses to credit us for issues caused by them - advice needed please.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

Did Google create the ads for you?

Google

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Setting the URL for your ads is hard to get wrong, and even harder for Google to get wrong, unless your site has something strange going on. You simply enter in the Final URL field the URL of the page you want people to visit.

Also, setting your budget to $2K+ per day on a brand new account, and leaving it that high while issues were trying to be fixed sounds like an error on your part. 

Google can and does offer credits in such circumstances, on a case by case basis, even when it is just down to newbie mistakes. When you say the original landing page was pointless, do you have an example?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I'm not on anyone's side... just trying to get a feel for what Google would be thinking.

So you knew the home page wouldn't convert well, but you sent people there, because you expected you'd get a credit for doing so?

And I'm guessing they weren't search ads, or they were made a long time ago, because Display URLs are no longer an option.

I'm in Victoria, but Australia yes.