AdWords
4.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google forwarding number. NOT WORKING!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure if anyone is having issues setting this up..I've been with google support for 3 weeks now and  every time I call they tell me a different story.

Now they are telling me I have to run this campaign for 30 days until the google forwarding numbers start showing up on my page.

The number I'm placing on the ads is not changing to the google number. It just keeps showing my number.. 

Has anyone experienced any issues on set up and how are you setting this up?

thank you..

Re: Google forwarding number. NOT WORKING!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Adwords need to work o lot in Google forwarding number.
I had a lot of screenshots , where google shows incorrect forwarding number. When i sent them screenshots, I got the same answer.

We are working on it

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Call forwarding numbers are assigned at the adgroup level. Each adgroup has to meet minimum performance thresholds (clicks, CTR, etc.) to show a call forwarding number (phone impression). Once you begin accruing phone impressions, the adgroup then has to maintain a certain level of Phone Through Rate performance to continue to show a call forwarding number.

If phone calls are your goal, then you have to think about your account structure and strategy differently than "traditional best practices". The "theme" of the adgroups should be based on the performance of the KW's/ads in that adgroup as they relate to phone calls. Red shoes, tennis shoes, walking shoes are all "tightly themed" KW's for an adgroup, if that combination of terms meets your advertising goals.
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you.. Its been hard simply you don't know if its working or not. If you are doing anything wrong or what is needed.. Very frustrating and no support towards this does not help at all!!

Is it working for you now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you..
We do travel deals and all of our efforts are done via inbound calls. This type of service is provided by a lot of companies however can be tedious and costly.

We have a lot of ad groups, so this would need to be at the ad group level? Does the initial click level on a daily basis or just at the start of the campaigns? We tried some clicks but the number was not working so I couldnt even figure if this feature works or not.. Very little support with this.
Very frustrating, been at this for 3 weeks..
Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its hard to have a tool that tracks conversions when its not fully tracking and has a lot of issues, not to mention this is the only way our campaigns are set up to get any type of ROI..
Thanks again!

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
"Is it working for you now?" Yes, when the adgroups meet the threshold.

I do have one client in particular that I keep falling below the minimum on. I only have four adgroups in the entire account due to these concerns. When an adgroup falls below the threshold the only way to get it back is to copy and paste the adgroup, then delete/pause the old one. Hopefully I can then get the performance back up to the threshold of the new adgroup and begin accruing phone impressions again. Of course if that adgroup drops below the threshold then I lose the call forwarding numbers and have to start over again.

Google call forwarding numbers are not the best solution for phone call tracking. If you have access to third party call tracking like Call Rail, Mongoose, etc., then you can get more information about all your calls from all sources. There are going to be some costs involved, but if tracking phone calls is the only way to prove value and the effectiveness of your advertising, it's definitely something you should consider.
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the info.. I work for a call center which generates a lot of calls so Im hoping the threshold should not be an issue.
There are a lot of good options out there, but as a call center these costs for us are usually pretty high. If google provides this at no cost it could be significant savings for us..

Thank you!

Google forwarding number. NOT WORKING!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom,

What is the underlying purpose/reason of the minimum thresholds? Seems pretty arbitrary and counterproductive on google's part. Wouldn't they stand to make more money from adwords if the call forwarding number showed with every earned impression...because the advertising business would be getting more calls and thus more business therefore putting more money back into the AdWords system to continue to scale?

Also, what is the minimum PTR that needs to be maintained? Or whats the normal range?