5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Google account access settings

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why as the agency, can't I restrict a client to read-only in some campaigns? Broken settings. Google needs to fix this asap. The "read-only choice needs to ALWAYS be available at any level when I invite a viewer to my account. I do not need Google to make my business decisions for me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google account access settings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dennis M,

There is a change taking place, which I assume you received notice for and are commenting about. This change has many users a little unsettled. I researched it for some other users and asked for up the chain with Google and received this, which I think will put you more at ease.

@J Clemens I've just double checked with the Product team, and as long as you're an Admin on the account, you will be able to move the managed user to Admin status, then downgrade the user to Read-only (it will take two steps). It's worth noting, though, that read-only users can currently view Billing, and that won't change with this November 14th update.

In essence, you will have your accounts back to where they were after taking the steps above. 

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile