AdWords
5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google VS PPC Agencies (Google caught stealing clients, this is war)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

¿Google are stealing your clients? Here's how I struck back.

Google's AdWords team got in touch with a new client just a week after we added them to our MCC. They sent my client a proposal for free PPC management, with incorrect numbers, and suggesting an incredibly high budget spend.

This backfired for Google, as the client still hired us, just to overlook and harshly judge Google's work, and make sure they do great work. I told my client NOT TO SPEND WHAT GOOGLE WANTS, TO SPEND MUCH LESS, which they did (in your face, Google rats!).

Now we get paid to be ridiculously harsh on Google, while they work to make and manage  the campaigns we were supposed to make and manage, while not getting a singe extra cent in terms of monthly AdWords budget spend. I even go to any meetings that Google has with that client, and challenged them on their incorrect calculations and ludicrous budget spend suggestion. 

To any consultant reading this, if a client tells you Google got in tough with them for free PPC management, tell the client that Google often does this for clients that they think have low KPI expectations and that they can get them to spend an unnecessarily large budget. Then, offer to supervise Google's work, go to all their meetings, and make sure they are doing everything perfectly (they better be,if they dare to steal your client).

Cheers everyone. #cockblockGoogle

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

James,

Are you a Google Partner?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes we are (individuals and agency). 

We are certified and although this is not a thing that happens very often, it's still dishonest and needs all the exposure it can get.

This is only a good idea for google if they get the client to spend a higher budget that the would with an agency, so, by shutting that idea down (unless it's justified), Google ends up working for free, with no increase in advertising spend.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Supposedly if they are in a Google Partner's MCC this shouldn't happen. However, you are not the first to complain of this here. And yes, it is quite disruptive when Google calls a client and tells them that their account isn't being run well, and then they offer solutions that seemingly revolve around more ad spend (using broad keywords, increasing the budget).