AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google Team said Account is not Suspended.. 3 weeks later it still isnt active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, so 3 weeks ago I see that my account is suspended. There is a huge red banner across it stating that it was suspended for major or repeated violations. Since I never had a violation . I had to assume that it was something major. I was never given a warning , now was I told what the violation was. When I call Google and put in my account number I receive a recording stating that my account is suspended . ( Yes, I Know ). I filled out an appeal form , and received an automated reply stating this was a final decision. ?? I still have no idea what I have done wrong . Days of trying to find answers. I went through every website and ad.. I realized what might be the problem and I correct it. I have two  web sites that are almost identical. One of them , for whatever reason , I was unable to make changes on through wordpress. In fact , I couldn't even sign in to wp. So.. I innocently forwarded the first site to the second.( minor changes in the logo script etc) ..it never crossed my mind until now that site #1  was the site that I was using in my adwords campaign . Keep in mind, I am a grandmother and never had any type of training or schooling in any of this. I sent in another appeal, stating that I believe I have found the issue. I receive another message that it is final and will not be reinstated. Then I receive a call from Google in India. I am told , "No worries everything is fine, we are unsuspending your account and will be active shortly ". 2 days later still not active. Then a call later that day from the United States Google stating that the guy in India had got the wheels turning , and everything looks great and that I am no longer suspended. Another 10 days go by .. still not active and no one that I get ahold of knows anything . I have to use old campaign customer numbers to speak to anyone, and they all say that they will escalate it and I should hear back within 3 business days.. but I never hear from anyone.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

If you can cite the website that you are trying to advertise here, perhaps we can help to provide some insight. There are many potential reasons why a site / AdWords account may be suspended. There's no guarantee we can help you identify the problem, but we might be able to offer some possibilities. Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The guy that called me from India said that there are no issues.. he said that the issue was cloaking .. when I forwarded one website to the other. This was reaffirmed by the guy at Google in the U.S. .. he said no worries it will be up and running in an hour or two . That was over a week ago.. and now I just keep getting autoresponses stating that my suspension is permanent and not to open another account or it will be suspended too.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Cloaking is a severe violation. If this were the case the account would not be reinstated.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

really ? well it was totally innocent.. and the sites were identical.. as I said the guy from Google told me no worries.. account is no longer suspended.. he said that was the issue and now that I had fixed it that I would be unsuspended.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm so depressed.. It was totally innocent .. I have  no adwords experience nor web design training .. I am a grandmother raising her grandchildren just trying to make a living .( My daughter has cancer ) I'm not trying to garnish sympathy.. but want the reader to realize that I am not some hustler trying to get over on someone.  It was a completely innocent mistake.. the two websites are identical.. I just preferred the logo on one... it gave me no advantage. Now I am at a loss as to what to do . I relied on their promise that my site was up and running and made a  large purchase that I would never have made if they didn't tell me that everything was fine. Now I don't know what to do. any suggestions on how I should handle this ? 

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Can you undo the changes that you made to the sites? It sounds like something went haywire when you tried to combine the two, and that caused the problem. So now the Google machine sees one thing, and the end users sees something different. If you can undo those changes and get both sites separated again, that might solve your problem. If not, then you will likely have to hire a webmaster / coding expert to make sure all your redirects, etc., are setup properly.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the only thing that I did was direct one domain to the other, I did undirect it already and made the completely separate , just like they were before I forwarded. Like I said. the strangest part is that they already called me.. from India.. just as friendly as could be. acting like I won the gold ticket after I appealed and told them that I think that I fixed the issue.. telling me "Great , we see everything is fine and your account is no longer suspended" .. but then the ball was dropped and whoever was supposed to "push the button" to unsuspend never did.. and now I just get autoresponses  ..