AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google Search Term Report Bug

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

download.png

The sum of clicks is not appearing in the search term report. Is this a bug ?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Search Term Report Bug

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Subramanian,

I will recommend refreshing your AdWords dashboard and cross check because i have cross checked at my end it is appearing.

Thanks,
Anand

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Subramanian S

Please hide personal information from your screenshot for example: customer id, email address.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Subramanian S,

Please blur or remove your account details from the screenshot.

As per the community guidelines:

Don’t post personal information
Never share the following personal information in any part of your post:

• Email addresses
  • Passwords
  • Google account numbers
  • Credit card details
  • Any other information that could put your accounts or privacy at risk

Posted content can be indexed by search engines. We want to protect your safety, security, and privacy, but ultimately individual users are responsible for keeping their own personal details safe.

Edit:  Already recommended by @Neha Gupta

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the correction. Done

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am still not able to see it.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Again,

Clicks is 0 for your other search terms. Which means other search terms did not received any clicks and only received impressions as show in the screenshot. Below is the copied text from help center article:

-- Keep in mind that you’ll only see search terms that were used by people at least 8 hours ago and have either received clicks in the past 30 days or were searched for by a significant number of people. Any search terms that did not meet this criteria will be summed up in the 'Other search terms' row. --

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

download_v1.png

Neha, check this out

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This one is the screenshot you initially shared. If you still can't see the total - could be a bug.

@CassieH Can you shed some light? Bug?

Thanks

Neha

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

This is what @Subramanian S did: He scrolled to the very bottom of the search terms report page so that we can only see the last 16 rows regarding the search terms. Additionally the image does not show the bottom right corner of the page that should look like the one below my sig.

Based on the above I conclude the list is much larger and most probably goes on across multiple pages. The total (35,182) is in fact displayed, however, it's relevant to all the search terms listed across multiple pages and not just that single page that he partially captured for us.

The "other search terms" simply did not accrue clicks, just impressions. It happens. "Other search terms" are terms that triggered your ads but didn't get any clicks within the last 30 days from people who weren't blocking their referrer URLs.

Best,

Lakatos

Capture-aug31.PNG