AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google Says I Have Malware, Sucuri Says My Site Is Clean - Why The Difference?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For months, I've been dealing with my account getting suspended and then reinstated (due to malware), then suspended again and reinstated, and so on.  I pay for Sucuri to provide firewall protection and cleaning on my business site.  They say my site is perfectly clean.  Google says "no", there's still malware.  My last message from Sucuri said:

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do.
The website perfectly clean. Google is unable to properly review such situations and we have been seeing this on daily basis. 

Take for instance, they are complaining about css and image files as infected or malicious.
Obviously a false-alarm. The image is just an image (the exif data is perfectly fine) and the css file is also, pure clean.

Has anyone else experienced this?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Kindly check this

Malicious or unwanted software

May be this will help to understand the issue.

Thanks,

Aslam

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Kindly check this

Malicious or unwanted software

May be this will help to understand the issue.

Thanks,

Aslam

Re: Google Says I Have Malware, Sucuri Says My Site Is Clean - Why The Difference?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello - Thank you for the reply, but to my knowledge our site does not qualify for any of those categories. Also, our web security provider, Sucuri, took a deep dive into our site and found nothing! No malware or viruses, and no other infringement. Sucuri suggested that Google has been having a problem with something harmless triggering their systems, saying there's malware when there's not. I was hoping to see if there's someone who had this same problem and was able to speak with Google about a solution.

Sent from my iPhone

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

Were you able to find an answer to your problem?

We have been having the exact same issue.  Google repeatedly tells us the same thing, over and over.  Switching from malware, to bad links, to now phishing URL's.  WP wordfence says the site is clean.  Every 3rd party check says we are clean.  Even Google Search Console says that we are clean.  Their Adwords team is no help at all.  They just send canned replies with the same info, which is of no detail.  And they insist that when Google Search Console shows the site is clean, we will be reinstated, however it always shows it is clean.

If you have any solution, please help me!