6.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Google Contacting our clients in our MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have done Adwords for years and I have never had this happen before. I posted about it on a very large marketing forum and a user suggested I try this community. 

A client forwarded an email to me that said, (Bold is mine).

"I am an Account Strategist at Google on our Agency Team. Your account was recently selected for free dedicated support this quarter and I will be your new point of contact at Google for all things AdWords. We can go over a few housekeeping things I noticed, broader strategy, and some betas that would be a good fit. Please let me know when you have time for a 20-30 minute phone call when we can go over the accounts and make a plan for working together this quarter.

The account they contacted is a six figure client who had not done Adwords until we got them to do it. They have been around since before the Internet. 

When I responded to the Associate Account Strategist his response back was it was due to it being in another MCC and that he had also contacted someone else from our MCC. REALLY? you will admit you trolled the account and emailed people from it??? 

To avoid the standard responses to a post like this please be clear: I have been using Adwords as an agency for years, the email is from a Google employee, etc. 

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author Robert F
October 2015

Re: Google Contacting our clients in our MCC

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Robert, how are things?

I've been through this a few times my self. I really can't tell, but sometimes it just seems that Google will reach the client directly, specially the ones that have higher investments. I've even seen Google approaching one client claiming that they could work directly with Google so they could allocate the Agency Fee into Adwords campaigns, man...that even went to court here...

Although I haven't find a definitive conclusion to this, I found that changing the Accounts Settings Preferences wildly reduce Google contacting clients directly.

You can go in the gear icon on the top right corner if your MCCs and Clients Accound and disable anything related to Google Research, Customized help and so on. This page may help you with that:

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Yep; this could happen from time to time when a strategist at Google is assigned to an account.

You should inform your major clients, and advise them to refer the strategist to  you or to reply the strategist:  "thank you, but the business is currently using an agency to manage our account"  Either way, once the strategist is informed, there would be only one more "attempt", and then the client is removed from the list.

BTW, if the strategist calls you, I would listen,. They are pretty knowledgeable about the vertical of your client, and have some good tips.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is actually quite helpful, thanks. I doubt we will disable it but we will keep our eyes on it. We were able to finally get the actual strategist as opposed to the assoc. strategist and got a more reasonable and forthright answer. The strategist has agreed to help our team in the UK with this client as a bit of a "make good "and that will be helpful.
I appreciate you taking the time as I respond a lot on another forum and know it takes time.