AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Suspension Due to Payment Information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just started my ad campaign for my company that I am starting. I am still waiting for my information from the state, such as my LLC verification and my EIN. ONce I have those I can open my bank account for my business. Until then I have to use my personal credit card. I entered in all the information but the system used my business address as my billing address but they are not the same. So my card is not working and I can't change the billing address on Adwords. It only lets me change my zip code. How do I contact Adwords Customer Support to fix this so that I can start advertising? Or is there a way to reset the addresses so that I can set them up correctly? Or is there a way I can delete my current card, then re-enter the card with the correct information? I really need to get this figured out soon or I will fail my class. It is BYU-Idaho B250 Online Business. I kind of need the class to graduate and I can't pass if I can't resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

When you are logged into your AdWords account, contact information for AdWords is in the upper right next to the "Gear" icon.  Here is a link with the various ways you can reach them:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6273970

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the link and idea. Unfortunately I already went through that process and it just leads me to the "Fix a suspended account" help page. Then I go down to "Payments: Suspicious behavior" and the answer in the drop down is: "Your account can be suspended if we see suspicious behavior in your payment activity such as using a stolen credit card." However, my card is not stolen, just the wrong billing address was added. Now I can't advertise and I can't cancel the account and open a new one under my marketing business email because it could be suspended as well. That is because under the "About suspended accounts" page it says "An account can get suspended if it breaks the rules or appears to be connected with another account that breaks the rules." an under that as an example it states "Your account appears to be closely related to an already suspended account." I think that this whole process is stupid. Sure they let me try to use my card but a simple mistake like the wrong zip code suspends my account? It seems that it is a little overboard. I always forget the zip code for one card I have. The ATM doesn't eat it, the gas pump doesn't explode and police don't come running to my arrest. I just simply renter the zip code and bam, everything works again. Why does Google make fixing things like this fell like I am be cross examined? Like I said a little overboard or even way to zealous.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tim W

Steve provided you the help we can offer. Because we cannot see or access accounts, we do not have the ability to do anything further.

Why does Google make fixing the issue so hard? It's because Google handles a mass amount of transactions per hour and unfortunately they have to deal with a large amount of scammers and fraudulent users that dupe them by providing bad billing info. When an account appears to fit this profile, it gets suspended.

I would like to add that opening another account with any info connected to your suspended account (contact, business, name, website, etc.) can lead to a lifetime, permanent ban for you. Google gets real serious real quick, so please take a moment to access the information and work through the process.

If you have clicked on the gear icon and tried to call the number shown... have you tried clicking on Help (same location) and using another support method to send your explanation, along with correct billing info? Have you used the email they sent to follow the steps precisely? 

Please use the info to help your situation. We do not work for Google, which is why we are limited in these ways. 

Kind Regards,

James

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Tim, I just want to add that @J Clemens gave you exactly the correction information there -- you should follow it to the letter.  

Google operates on a vast scale worldwide, each and every hour around the clock, seven days a week there are people entering fraudulent information into AdWords self-service accounts. So it is physically impossible for Google to give each instance personalized attention; if you fit the profile then you have to fix it. 

Google is a very fair company and it is exceedingly rare that they will not work with an account holder if they have made an earnest effort to fix the problem.  However, if there is a repetitive pattern of a problem at some point Google will no longer answer your inquiries because if they did so, they would be permanently locked into a cycle of non-productive discussions.  They have to cut it off at some point.  That's another big reason that you are well-advised to follow James suggestions.

Best of luck with it. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I've no idea why I received an email about this. But I wish you the best, the explanation given should work for you, in my experience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

J Clemens

I will answer your questions and then I hope I can still find a solution.

"Have you tried clicking on Help (same location) and using another support method to send your explanation, along with correct billing info?"

Yes I did this immediatly after they suspended my account and I included the correct billing address as well as an explanation of how my business address is one and the billing address is another. The response that I was sent is as follows:

"Thanks for your continued patience during this process. We’ve confirmed that your account is in violation of our AdWords policies. Since this decision is final, the account will not be reinstated. Please avoid creating additional AdWords accounts, as they will be subjected to the same suspension.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation."

I was never told what I was in violation of and no one called me to see if the information was correct.

"Have you used the email they sent to follow the steps precisely?"

They never sent me a email with steps to resolve the ban/suspension. 

Did I call them?

No, because it is the weekend and I am hoping that when I call Monday I can get an answer or my account reinstated but I am not hopeful. All the research that I have done point to my AdWords never being fixed. None the less, I will try to work with them next week. If I can't then my business is dead before it even started.