AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Fundamentals Exam stopped working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I was working on the Google Adwords Fundamentals Exam and it stopped working after 10 questions with the error: Request could not be completed. Please try again.

I've tried clearing my browser cache/cookies. Refreshing the page. Using Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer (I used Chrome while taking the exam). Going back to the "start exam" button on the Google Partners page and changing the language from English (US) to English (UK). None of these things seemed to help.

The actual logged error states: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (). So I tried flushing my DNS cache in case of outdated DNS cache causing the bad request error, but this didn't work either.

I'm probably not going to finish the exam anyway, because over half of the total amount of time has run down while I was trying to diagnose the problem, but I would like to know if there's any good fixes for this if it happens to occure the next time I attempt to take the exam?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Luc B,

It used to be a known issue for a while earlier. @Krisha from Google confirmed on Nov 22 that it was resolved. I am surprised to learn you faced it again. Ref:

***   Google exam not working   ***

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Get-Certified/Google-exam-not-working/td-p/855751/highligh...

In the meantime I think your best option is to download the latest version of Chrome, and select US English on the exam interface.

Hope the issue will not persist. @Krisha?

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Luc B,

It used to be a known issue for a while earlier. @Krisha from Google confirmed on Nov 22 that it was resolved. I am surprised to learn you faced it again. Ref:

***   Google exam not working   ***

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Get-Certified/Google-exam-not-working/td-p/855751/highligh...

In the meantime I think your best option is to download the latest version of Chrome, and select US English on the exam interface.

Hope the issue will not persist. @Krisha?

Best,

Lakatos

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Thanks @Lakatos. I will look into it and update this thread.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

@Luc B have you tried taking the exam again?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

//I am taking the test now (4/1/2017). Facing the same issue. Tried refreshing the page but of no use. Can anybody help?//

Edit: I finished the exam successfully, even though it happened couple of times again during the test.

Solution 1: Refresh the page, that should work.

Solution 2: If not, go to browser settings, clear the caches and cookies and then refresh the page.

If this didnt work either, then close the tab and open the exam from the previous page.

Hope this helped. Also I request the concerned team to solve the issue from your team.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

@Abinaya P, thank you. We are working on a fix.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I took the exam again on Monday without any problems and passed.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

We appreciate your feedback, @Luc B. And of course congrats on passing the AdWords Fundamentals exam.

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm also having an issue with the exam not working. It just stays in a "loading" state when I've clicked on the "see exam" button. 

I've tried the suggestions but nothing is working. 

Help!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Tracey G,

Some users reported this month their passing the exam in private with Chrome Incognito mode.

***   Browse in private with Incognito mode   ***

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?source=gsearch&hl=en

You tried that? Perhaps worth a test. (Btw, 2 of my people took the AdWords Fundamentals exam last week and no issues emerged.)

Any update at Google's side, @Krisha?

Best,

Lakatos