AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords Destination Website problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I've been on adwords for several years. Recently I've noticed that when I click on one of my google ads I am not directed to my website but instead am directed to a blank white page. Does anybody know what's going on?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tracy,

No one here can access your AdWords account, which is where your answers will be found. Have you looked over your ads and landing pages? Have you tried the landing page URLs from another web browser? 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Yes, I have done that. If I click on the ads in adwords they go to my website but if I click on an ad through a search engine it just directs me to a blank white page.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hello Tracy!

You must be on chrome with version 64 and above. As suggested by @James_Clemens please try the same thing with the different browser like Mozilla/safari.

Some possibilities that you are seeing a white screen because of multiple redirects on your landing page or tracking parameter not configured correctly. If you set up any tracking parameter for your ads then click test Ad in Adwords Dashboard while editing the Ads.

Try to clear the browser cache, cookies and history and try in Incognito mode. Some extension might be blocking something. Final step if you have antivirus installed then try to disable it and then check again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rising Star,

Same problem in Mozilla and safari and on different computers/phones. I am wondering if it is an extension problem. I talked to my google adwords account manager a few days ago and he made some changes to extensions. I just noticed the problem today. I send him an email but I assume he's off for the weekend.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the additional information. 

Can you tell us what type of campaign you are running? Are you using any complex features (dynamic ads, etc.) or more basic actions with AdWords? 

Kind Regards,

James

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Let your account manager check your ads on Monday or call the support team on Monday to check your ads. Extensions usually don't do this. For me either it is related to some tracking parameter associated with Ads or something on your website/hosting side.

Meanwhile, you can create an automated rule or bid adjustment to reduce the bid amount to limit your ads from showing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just running basic actions. No complex features.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Sunil27. I'll keep that in mind.

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

out of interest - when you click on the ad and get to the blank page, is the url the same as that in the ad?