AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ads help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Please help.

I am trying to set up my first Google PPC ad.

I am able to put in the location i want, budget etc but am unable to use the Keywords box.

All i get is a blank space with the spinning thing in the middle.

Ive tried 3 different browsers (edge, firefox and chrome) on 2 different PC's

Cleared cache etc

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Ads help!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Craig H,

You mean nothing happens when you click on the Keywords tab shown by the below snip?

Capture2feb.JPG

If nothing happens chances are that's probably connection. When it is okay, the big red +KEYWORDS button should appear. Just hit it and there you are.

BTW, what is the type of the campaign that you are trying to create?

Best,

Lakatos

Google Ads help!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Craig H

It seems you have created Google AdWords Express account not Google AdWords account.

And, there is no keyword in the AdWords Express. Express can only allow you to add the Search Phrase.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope.

This is what i mean..

Problem window.jpg

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Capture2xfeb.JPG

Does the circle in the middle keep revolving when you click "Keyword"? If it does, that's probably connection.

Google Ads help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting the exact same error today. I have tried in several different browsers, cleared cache/temp files, rebooted my machine, and my internet connection is running perfectly for all other sites. I did setup my Bing Ads just fine at the same time with no trouble... but this Google Wizard to get keywords (only used on initial setup) is NOT working. It will spin for as long as you leave the page.

Google Ads help!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

What are your locations, guys? Is the issue still persisting?

Google Ads help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also tried to use the downloadable Adwords Editor to add keywords from the desktop if the online interface isn't working. - https://adwords.google.com/home/tools/adwords-editor/ but this won't work if you are setting up a new Adwords account and trying to setup the initial ad. So, this is not an option for the initial new account and initial ad setup.

Does anyone have any other ideas why this won't work and any other work-arounds?

Thanks for any insight...

Google Ads help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In am near Indianapolis, IN (USA). Been happening all day here... I have tried since 9 AM (eastern time) and every hour since...

Google Ads help!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Waiting for @Craig H to confirm.