AdWords
3.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords takes me to create a first campaign instead of the main page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there, 

Need some help from Google Adwords experts. A long time ago I have created company AdWords account, and now we are trying to link it to Analytics but we are having troubles. Whenever I log in it takes me to create a first campaign instead of to the main page. Is there a way to avoid it and go straight to the main AdWords page? 

Many thanks, 

Kristina

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kristina N
April 2016

Re: Google AdWords takes me to create a first campaign instead of the main page

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
ahh! So you're trying to create an AdWords account and link it to GA. Yes, you can go ahead with instructions on screen to create your first campaign (and pause it if required), then link the GA account.

As Tommy has mentioned, to complete the linking process you'll have to ensure your AdWords log in is the admin for GA as well.

Feel free to write back!
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kristina,

If when you log in, you see the "Create your first campaign" workflow, that means that in that particular account, using your login, there are no campaigns.

If your company has an active AdWords account, or a previously active account that was built out with campaigns, you'll need to track down the login for that account.

Once you have the logins squared away, the Analytics linking should not be a problem. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

The key is in the logins though, you want the AdWords email account to have admin access to the Analytics account.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Kristina,

'Create your first campaign' page appears for new accounts. If you're seeing this page, it means you've created an account (accidentally) instead of signing in to the old account. There could be a few reasons for this. Do you remember if the original account had any other admin users?

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for getting back. We never had Google Adwords account before. This is the first one. So I am guessing I need to create the first campaign and then I will be redirected to the main page where I can pause /delete the campaign and continue setting everything up?

Many thanks,
Kristina

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your support. This is our first account, so I am guessing I will need to go through the whole process of creating my first campaign and then deleting it when I finally arrive on the main page. That is correct? But weirdly when I have created my personal one I didn't have to go through the whole process of creating the first campaign.

Many thanks,

Kristina
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kristina N
April 2016

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
ahh! So you're trying to create an AdWords account and link it to GA. Yes, you can go ahead with instructions on screen to create your first campaign (and pause it if required), then link the GA account.

As Tommy has mentioned, to complete the linking process you'll have to ensure your AdWords log in is the admin for GA as well.

Feel free to write back!
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for that. Will go ahead with setting everything up.