AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords and AdGrants hacked and account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

My position as digital communications & social media associate is new to my nonprofit I work for, as of two months ago.

I've been tasked with figuring out AdWords and AdGrants for our nonprofit, and have gone through the usual registration process and been approved for everything. It was all working great until I found out someone had gotten our access and created a hacked AdWords account using our AdGrants in 2014, linked to our nonprofit's EIN number, which resulted in the AdGrants/AdWords account being suspended. I've since been given access to the account and removed the access to the person who created the account.

I applied to remove the suspension of the AdWords and AdGrants account, now that I have control and have removed the hacker, but was denied, even after stating the facts surrounding this. I'm unsure of how to proceed, because we need the help that Google's AdGrants would give us and unless we can un-suspend the account we'll never get grants due to the suspension being linked to our EIN number.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Resource C
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Resource C,

Your story sounds pretty sad and while I hear the pain, we are left with very little to help you. 

Please complete and submit this form and if your case qualifies chances are the Honorable Top Contributor @RobertCoats of Kinsey Street Online Marketing will escalate the issue for you. Actually he is acting as our liaison with the Ad Grant Team. Note that you will need to add some private information about your organization that we cannot ask you for in the forum due to privacy stipulations.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Resource C
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Resource C,

Your story sounds pretty sad and while I hear the pain, we are left with very little to help you. 

Please complete and submit this form and if your case qualifies chances are the Honorable Top Contributor @RobertCoats of Kinsey Street Online Marketing will escalate the issue for you. Actually he is acting as our liaison with the Ad Grant Team. Note that you will need to add some private information about your organization that we cannot ask you for in the forum due to privacy stipulations.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Google AdWords and AdGrants hacked and account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much for your help!

We just filled out and submitted the form you linked to. Hopefully this will end with a positive result for our nonprofit!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Lakatos -

It's been 5 days since I filled out that form link, but we still haven't heard anything yet from @RobertCoats or Google.

Do you have any insight into the timing of furthering the inquiry?

Thanks so much for your help!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Resource C

Your information was escalated up the Ad Grants team, we are just waiting to hear back from them.

Re: Google AdWords and AdGrants hacked and account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much @RobertCoats!