AdWords
4.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords account suspended - how to fix?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our video company would like to start doing AdWords for our clients. But we are getting this message: Your account is suspended because your billing information can't be verified. Learn more. Visiting Learn More does not help. In 2012 we received a $100 AdWords card and used it but then kept getting billed without doing anything. We challenged that, and maybe that is the issue? There appears to be a $42 balance on our account. How can we get a new start?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Account suspended because billing information cannot be verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our video company would like to start doing AdWords for our clients. But we are getting this message: Your account is suspended because your billing information can't be verified. Learn more. Visiting Learn More does not help. In 2012 we received a $100 AdWords card and used it but then kept getting billed without doing anything. We challenged that, and maybe that is the issue? There appears to be a $42 balance on our account. How can we get a new start?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there

This is correct. You first have to pay the balance for all charges accrued, and only then appeal to be reinstated.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Google AdWords account suspended - how to fix?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There's actually no balance we can pay because we disputed the overage with Google back in 2012 when we could get no response from them. Next step?
Elissa

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

If Google did not approve the dispute, and the account was not credited, the charge would be  still in effect, and must be paid prior to any appeal. (Though I should add, that even if paid, not certain that the appeal would be granted). But, as mentioned, you cannot appeal until all charges are fully paid, as initially issued.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Elissa, have you tried calling Google AdWords at their toll-free support number?  In my experience they are very reasonable and helpful. They may have to escalate your issue into accounting.  I have always had good results on those sort of issues just by calling. hth!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There's actually a zero balance showing, I think because we disputed the charge with the credit card company and it was removed. We were billed through a deceptive practice and could get no response from Google at the time.
It's nearly 5 years later and we'd like to give adwords another try with more understanding of how it works. What to do?
Elissa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Will try it, thanks.
Hopefully....
Elissa

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

fyi Google has dramatically expanded and improved their depth of telephone support operations over the past 2-3 years.  imho, it is the now the best quality telephone support experience I have had with any tech company - bar none, and I've dealt with many.

Best of luck! -SB