AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Account Suspended

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last week, I signed up to AdWords. Just 5 days later, I logged into my account and got a message saying my AdWords account is suspended due to major or repeated violations of ad policy. Of course because the message is so vague, I don't know if this happened automatically or if it was due to a manual review.

To clarify some things.

1. I was using a landing page i.e. my own website, not direct linking.
2. My landing page has the required pages such as a contact page, privacy policy, etc..
3. My landing page has no pop-up's or auto play videos.
4. All my ads on AdWords were approved, which indicates they comply with the AdWords TOS.

I was promoting digital products as an affiliate. I was not promoting any products that are prohibited according to AdWords TOS.

It says nothing in the AdWords TOS that they don't allow affiliate marketing. Infact, I regularly see digital products being marketed via AdWords.

Im willing to make any changes to my website if that means I could be reinstated, but with not having any idea of the reason for the suspension of my AdWords account, I've got no idea what should be changed.

Has anyone here who is an affiliate successfully had their AdWords account reinstated after being suspended?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Repeated violation leads to immediate suspension. Rarely those accounts are reinstated.

Nothing much we can help with;

Sorry;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

He said he signed up for an account and 5 days later it was disabled, no mention of repeat violations so not sure what your reply has to do with anything other than just being snarky?  "Nothing much we can help with?"  Who is we?  He's asking google for support not some random forum member.  

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Lee M, @MosheTLV is correct.  Google does not send out that message unless there have been repeat violations. It is accurate that there is nothing that "we", meaning any knowledgeable+experienced contributor here, can do after a repeat violation suspension is issued by Google.

Also, fyi Google does not provide the answers here, or address suspended account issues. This is not a place to "reach Google". 

MosheTLV is not "some random forum member, he is a Google-designated "Top contributor" with 16,000+ answers posted to assist AdWords users, and almost 2,000 "Best solutions" recognized. He was just being honest.

Re: Google AdWords Account Suspended

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's still good to treat people the way you want to be treated.  When someone needs help, getting a rude "we can't help you" response is unnecessary as a half sentence and not even a full response.  It's better to move on and not reply than to reply with something so snarky to someone actually needing help.  

Having 16,000+ answers is not impressive when you clearly just respond to random posts with half a sentence not even helping anyone. It's not hard to be a "top contributor" if all you do is write responses on every post that are under 10 words.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It is not snarky to be concise and professional.  In my experience, @MosheTLV is one of the most helpful and professional people in this forum. Respectfully, imho your interpretation of his post is simply inaccurate.  

I should point out, your screen name, and using profanity here is a violation of the terms of service.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Steven,

While there isn't a specific AdWords policy saying affiliates aren't allowed, there is one that says you cannot promote a site if the primary purpose is to send visitors somewhere else. And that's what affiliates are. 

AdWords is for the promotion of your own services, or for products that you sell directly.

I was once a PPC super-affiliate earning 7 figures, with 10 staff. Now I manage AdWords accounts for a salary. That should tell you all you need to know...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Lee;

You misinterpreted my reply. My  answer was sincere. 

I have seen thousands of  suspension cases and helped resolve hundreds (literally, search the Community...)

In none of the "repeated violations" the account was reinstated. Further, as @Steve B mentioned, unlike other suspensions, in the "repeated"  cases, Google does not disclose any additional info. I am aware that this is frustrating. But, Google is firm in its position. (For that reason the sorry at the end of my post is honest..)

So, indeed, the answer for this type of suspension is simple and short, but this is the answer.

-Moshe

PS: please edit your user name to meet the Community guidelines.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’