AdWords
4.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad pulling wrong phone number and address and do not know where ad was set up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, we have an ad showing up as an Ad which is listing the wrong phone number and address which is causing much confusion to guests. 

We were advised by our media agency that we need to change the address and phone number through 'Google My Business' however with many changing hands in the marketing department we do not know which email address this has been set up under and are not able to edit. 

1. Is this the correct method of changing? 

2. How can we identify which account this was set up using for Google my Business in order to change? 

Thank you

Nicole 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Google Ad pulling wrong phone number and address and do not know where ad was set up

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Your GMB listing isn't tied directly to a single email account - The GMB listing is dependent on the physical address of the business. You can claim/re-claim the listing by verifying it through several methods.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en

It sounds like this is an AdWords Express account, not an actual AdWords (full features) account. Who owns/manages the AdWords advertising? If a third party is managing the advertising, and using Express over AdWords, I would be very concerned about that third party.

Tom

View solution in original post

Re: Google Ad pulling wrong phone number and address and do not know where ad was set up

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Nicole,

This is an unfortunate situation. Yes, in order to change your address & phone number you will need to login to your Google My Business account to change it which means you will need to try and find the proper login information.

If you are unable to do so at this time, I suggest removing your location extension for the time being & ensuring your call extension has the proper phone number added. 

image.png

You will also need to call Google Help for further help with your Google My Business situation.

I hope this is helpful & that this is able to get sorted out for you!

Jillian

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Your GMB listing isn't tied directly to a single email account - The GMB listing is dependent on the physical address of the business. You can claim/re-claim the listing by verifying it through several methods.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en

It sounds like this is an AdWords Express account, not an actual AdWords (full features) account. Who owns/manages the AdWords advertising? If a third party is managing the advertising, and using Express over AdWords, I would be very concerned about that third party.

Tom

Re: Google Ad pulling wrong phone number and address and do not know where ad was set up

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I have asked our digital agency. They have told us:

*We do manage AdWord for the Ranch. We have a full feature AdWords Manager
Account (MCC) allowing us to manage multiple client accounts and campaigns.
The address and phone number information pulls directly from Lone Star’s
Google My Business account. Let me know if we can be of any further
assistance. *

How do we get this changed in the my business account?

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

You have to "claim" the GMB account following the directions in the cited link.

When it comes to restaurants, your local listings accounts (GMB, Yelp, etc.) are one of the most important and effective things you can do. The GMB listings on Google have prominence over ads or other organic listings. Like @Jillian S said, if you are still having issues with claiming the account after trying another method, you can also try and call Google.

Tom