AdWords
5.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Ads Not Working?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I am experimenting with Gmail Ads targeted at competitors and the ad doesn't seem to want to run.

I watched a few online videos and noticed when you select Placement: mail.google.com you usually get a larger audience than what comes up on my screen (1m-10m). When I hover over the message icon on the placement it has this error: 

Placement: mail.google.com

Displaying·ads right now?
No
This ad group isn't currently available for serving. Please try again later.

Originally I had narrow keywords and demographics but I removed them to test it on a keyword by keyword basis and this is what the message icon says:

Keyword: etsy.com
Displaying·ads right now?
Yes
Your ads are showing less than they could be on the Display Network, because your keyword bid is too low.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution?

I appreciate your help!

Lewis

Re: Gmail Ads Not Working?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lewis,

I am also running Gmail Ads campaign and Placement Sites never show the status of Ad Appearance. You will always get the same message in all Display Network and Gmail Ads campaign (under Placement Tab).

I will recommend to increase your keywords bid to increase your audience reach (impressions, clicks).

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Thanks for this.

Is there a typical bid I should set, I have increased it to £1 per keyword but still the same message is appearing?

Lewis

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lewis,

Wait for 1 or 2 days. If you still not getting impressions and clicks then i will recommend to include some keywords also related to your business.

Or if you are not spending any amount then you can increase bid more and closely watch your campaign.

I will recommend to add the below Gmail URL in Placement -

mail.google.com::inbox,top

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Thank you so much for your help I managed to resolve the issue...this will probably make you laugh really hard!

I had the campaign filter showing results for June (which I never set the ad up for) so it was always showing 0 results....turns out it had been running all along!

I am sorry to have wasted your time with this school boy error and really appreciate you helping out!

Thank you and sorry at the same time!

Lewis