2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Geo Targeting issues - Google update or ISP?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Just noticed that I can't find my ads for multiple clients.

I've used the preview tool and the only way to replicate the results I'm seeing is to change the preview location to Australia, rather than my ad targeting of Victoria or Melbourne. This is a major problem for my clients who are location based but I'm suspecting this is going to be complex as it could be IP based where my ISP has incorrectly attributed the geo location somewhere, or perhaps Google has changed something in the latest update?

If I use an alternate IP via my mobile, the ads show more frequently.

Any ideas on how I can go about testing my results?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Geo Targeting issues - Google update or ISP?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Steve H;

This seems, indeed, to be an ISP issue, though in Australia targeting by city should work;

If you higher the bid - does the ad appear? - Just to eliminate the option of a low ad-rank.

Read how Google determines  user location;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Geo Targeting issues - Google update or ISP?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's definitely not AdWords related: Ads have budget and are ranking an avg. of 1.5.

I've played with a couple of other things and it definitely seems to be IP related. Not only are Google losing revenue, so are my clients Smiley Sad