AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Gaming the Google Network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our account has been suspended because of "Gaming the Google Network." I truly don't understand what that means and why it would apply to our site.  We are a legitimate telecommunications company - in business for over 30 years.   I have tried - unsuccessfully - for someone to help me, but all I receive is auto generated emails and no details about how I can rectify this situation.  Can someone please reach out and directly help me??

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Gaming the Google Network?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Al H when your Ads were disapproved there would have been a reason shown for that disapproval alongside the Ad in the status column.  See here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2615949?hl=en-GB

Even if these Ads were not the reason for suspension, you should endeavour to find out their disapproval reason.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Al, how are things?

Can you please provide your website URL for us to take a look at and try to identify anything?

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
EasternDataComm.com Thank you!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Al H "gaming" usually refers to manipulating the AdWords system in some way to attempt to avoid policy restrictions so it's possible the problem lies within your Account rather than the website itself or the nature or longevity of your business.

Can you provide an overview of your Account structure, specifically any new approach?  Did you receive any warning emails or other notifications?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Longevity of the business - almost 30 years
We sell telecommunication systems - phone systems, video conferencing, wireless, data/networking, etc.

I had some ads disapproved (which I didn't understand why) but have removed everything. I even removed the campaigns that I had paused for a while.

I just have two campaigns set up - one for phone systems promoting our partnership with ShoreTel and one for School Safety.

Maybe I didn't set up the ads using the ShoreTel name correct?? I removed all of those add titles and just have the non-branded keywords.

Im just at a loss. Thank you for any help and advice you have.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Al H when your Ads were disapproved there would have been a reason shown for that disapproval alongside the Ad in the status column.  See here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2615949?hl=en-GB

Even if these Ads were not the reason for suspension, you should endeavour to find out their disapproval reason.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jon. That's the issue. I'm desperately trying to find someone at Google that I can speak/chat with to help me. Im a Google AdWords novice, so if I somehow made a mistake in setting up the ads, then I just need some guidance. Its impossible to reach someone in person with our account suspended. Lisa

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Just to cover another possibility - is this your only AdWords account or do you have another - even if the other is inactive?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is the only account we have. (unless there is another one I don't know about).

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Can you confirm the url : EasternDataComm.com and www.EasternDataComm.com don't connect for me....