AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Fraudulent credit card charges from AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am so sorry I signed up for a free $30 credit on Adwords.  Now I've been billed for $30.67 for three $10 ads I bought, with no mention of applying a $30 credit.
When I wrote to Adwords for a refund of my credit card charge, I got a rambling response from a person named Prithba about how my three ads sent people to a non-responsive webpage, along with a disingenuous offer to be there whenever I need to reach out ... (the email does not accept reply responses... thanks for nothing..)
I did get responses from the three ads, so i don't know what Prithiba is talking about.  This person never addressed my $30 credit issue, their only concern was how I could run ads more successfully
(I don't want more ads ... I want my $30 credit!!)`
Has anyone run into the same problem with Adwords?  How did you resolve it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gary,

When a promotional code is applied to an account, the customer has to meet the spend requirements and any other guidelines before the credit is applied. This is why you are being charged.

To see the status of your promotional code, open your AdWords account and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and then click on Billings & payments. Now click on settings in the left hand menu stack and then go to the bottom of the page and click on: Manage promotional codes. You will see the status of your progress towards earning the one you added. Once you earn it... it will be applied to your account the same way your payments are. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Wrongful Billing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar problem ... Adworks sent me similar letters, followed by large charges on my credit card for ads I never ordered.
Does anyone know of any class action lawsuit forming of people fraudulently billed by Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Gary,

This is the wrong community to seek class action lawwsuit participants.

You can use this interactive web page to request information about the charges you are uncertain about. 

In your above post from July you do state that you did create three ads, so perhaps those ads generated performance and the charges reflect that activity? 

Kind Regards,

James

AdWorks won't stop fraudulently charging my credit card ... how can I stop this!!?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My nightmare began when I answered a promotion - -$30 Free Ads on Adwords.
I ran my $30 worth of ads in May, and never got a $30 credit against the bill.  Soon after, I closed the website I was advertising, and I thought I was all done with AdWords....
First I got credit card charges for $30 .. and another $10 charge after that ...
When I called customer service in October to complain, I was told my account needed some adjustments, and my ad bill shot up $410 the following month.
I don't know if AdWords is fraudulent, or just inept ... but I want my money refunded.
Calling customer service (844-756-8495) is worthless, you are connected to a boiler room in India where they can confirm your charge and then do nothing else.
I see that these phantom ad orders have also been charged to other people ... does anyone know of a class-action lawsuit on behalf of all the customers Adworks screws?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a very similar problem with AdWords ... my credit card keeps getting charged for ads I never ordered, even though my account was deactivated in May.
Calling Adwords customer service (844-756-8495) is a royal waste of time.   I get connected to what sounds like a boiler room in India, and the person there insists the charges are on the account so there is nothing they can do.

Adworks keeps charging my credit card for ads I never ordered ... this has turned into my nightmare

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am so sorry I answered a promotion with Adwords to try out $100 of free ads.
I ran three small ads in May 2017, then deactivated my account and closed the website it was advertising.
I started getting small charges on my credit card, and letters saying my ads no longer met Adwords standards and were being discontinued (what ads were they referring to??)
When I called Customer Service (844-756-8495) to complain about the credit card charges, I was transferred to what sounded like a boiler room in India, and the person I spoke with (Preeda) had no interest in refunding the credit card charges, he only wanted to make my account eligible for more ads.
I kept telling him I don't want any more ads, I want the fraudulent charges removed from my credit card.
On Oct 15, 2017, the same day I talked to customer service, my account was reactivated and I suddenly had $410 in new ad charges.  I never reactivated my account, I'm thinking Preeda did this when we spoke.
I want my money refunded and my Adwords account closed permanently!  Who can I speak to?

Not applicable
# 8
Not applicable

James, I have learned so much about my Adwords billing problem since I wrote this.
What happened is ... I had de-activated my Adwords creator page and closed the webpage it was advertising in early June.  Months later I received a $30 bill from Adwords on my credit card.
When I called to complain, my Adwords customer service rep (who sounded like he was in a boiler room in India) reactivated my creator page without my knowledge or consent, and I racked up an unwanted $311 bill for more ads in the next six days.
When I called back customer service about the $30 charge (I still had no knowledge of my page being reactivated or the new bill), another customer service rep saw what was happening and had me email her a template to cancel the ad.
Who can I speak with to have this fraudulent charge removed from my credit card?
Do not suggest calling the Adwords boiler room in India (844-756-8495), that is a big waste of time.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi,

Sadly, there are no other phone numbers to provide to support. And email does not work unless support first requests that you email them. So that leaves opening your AdWords account and clicking on the ? (new AdWords experience) or the gear icon (previous AdWords experience) in the upper right hand corner and using chat (if it is offered). 

Aside from that, you can use this interactive web page to request information about the charges you are uncertain about, which will start a email interaction that you could then reply back and ask for a refund. 

There is no one here that can access accounts or help with billing issues in any way. We can only provide the info I have to you and hope it suffices to bring a proper resolution. 

All the Best,

James 

AdWords keeps charging my credit card for "ads" from my dormant account - HELP!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords has turned into my nightmare ... I answered their promotion for some free sample ads ... then months later my deactivated page generated over $300 ads in a week that I never ordered.
Aside from a friendly administrator on this community page, it is impossible to talk to anyone at Adwords, aside from their worthless "Customer Service boiler room" in Bangladesh .... I am very sorry I ever gave Adwords my credit card number.