AdWords
1.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Forum Emails Gone Rouge

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I have gotten over 70 emails today from the forum notifying me of replies to threads - Some of which are from months ago. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there some kind of a bug type thing going on today? Smiley Happy

Tom

3 Expert replyverified_user

Forum Emails Gone Rouge

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

I have received over 700 emails of the same type as you. This has happened in the past and was caused by a system reset or something like that (I don't remember precise wording). Once they go the system will go back to normal. Sorry for the trip down memory lane. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

James

Forum Emails Gone Rouge

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@James_Clemens @tomhalejr;

Yep. The system  is a bit in chaos and released a backlog of email notifications.  The platform engineering is  trying to figure the cause.

I had over 200....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Forum Emails Gone Rouge

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Moshe,

Maybe we were meant to experience those moments again? Robot LOL

Cheers,

James

Forum Emails Gone Rouge

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Over 700 by noon in my inbox, so yeah, we can say the system is not at its best Smiley Wink.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Forum Emails Gone Rouge

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Thanks everybody. I was beginning to feel like I was in a Stephen King story there for a minute. Smiley Happy

Tom

Forum Emails Gone Rouge

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@tomhalejr; @MosheTLV;

The issue should have been  resolved by Fri afternoon, though, today, (Sat) I  found almost 100, when woke up... Hopefully it was  the residual ones...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Forum Emails Gone Rouge

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Haha yeah last 2 mornings I woke up and saw them all. At first I thought I just had someone who loved everything I wrote and was forum stalking me Smiley Wink Yesterday was worse than today by far.  What a great way to get people back onto the forums though? Mistake or "Mistake"? lol