AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Fixing Site Suspended for Misleading Content

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my ads have been stopped due to "misleading content"..I have no idea what they're talking about..I don't see any misleading info? site is howtostrengthenyourcore.com

Can you tell me how to fix this? thank you.

Pete

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pete M
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Pete;

Well.... there is much content on this site, briefly reviewing  I have not found any over exaggerated  / overstated  claims or misleading content, but as mentioned I could not read all content,

Review content  and verify that  the text and claims  are all supported by the common physiology  practices accepted by physiology professionals and science, and then submit an appeal.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pete M
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Pete;

Well.... there is much content on this site, briefly reviewing  I have not found any over exaggerated  / overstated  claims or misleading content, but as mentioned I could not read all content,

Review content  and verify that  the text and claims  are all supported by the common physiology  practices accepted by physiology professionals and science, and then submit an appeal.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The purpose of your site is to send people to Amazon. This is against Google policy. AdWords is for promoting your own product or service. 

Affiliate marketing and AdWords is no longer a way of making money.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

On that I'm in a bit  disagreement with @RobSkelton. Though Google has tighten affiliate program's compliance,  it is not forbidden. In this specific case, I don't think affiliation with Amazon is the issue.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Here is the policy:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661

Destinations that are solely designed to send users elsewhere

Examples: Bridge page, doorway, gateway, other intermediate pages that are only used to link to other sites

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@RobSkelton

In this case, the landing page / site has a valid content with added value to users. (the tone and claims are different issue). Hence it does not fall into the category of a bridge psge or a doorway 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

The business model is to send people to Amazon. It would also be suspended if the business model was ads on the site. 

This policy is the reason why affiliate marketing died on AdWords. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@RobSkelton;

The business model is affiliation. If this business model was not allowed (similarly, let's say, to some variations  of "tech support") then the suspension would be categorized as untrustworthy. This violation cannot be fixed without revamping the business model (i.e different business). In this case, the violation is "misleading content": the business model is OK, but the site (i.e. The promotion itself - not the business) -  is in violation.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Perhaps the ads were misleading, they might say "Buy Gym Equipment Here".

However, it wouldn't be the first time that they have told an advertiser the wrong policy...

Re: Fixing Site Suspended for Misleading Content

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

the affiliate links look to be using shortened-url's and the visible
link text-content purports to offer merely information on pricing.

both of these seem rather strong misleading-signals by themselves,

and severely, if not approaching entirely, counteracts any of the overt

usefulness of the site and holds regardless of any affiliate framework.

links/link-text can be content too.

google ignoring such compelling signals seems somewhat unlikely and

may be strengthened by shrouding or deflecting their affiliate connection.