3.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Fishy stuff

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a remarketing campaign running in google display from quite a sometime now. I have an audience size of about 500 across all my major remarketing lists. I have created about 10 ad groups targeting different users. I have recently started seeing a sudden spike in number of clicks with major share going to "" placement. When i check my audience it only received few clicks like 3-4 out of total 200 clicks received by that adgroup. how is that possible? how can i receive clicks on a remarkeing campaign outside my targeted audience when i didn't use any other targeting method.I feel something fishy must be happening here. please somebody suggest,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Fishy stuff

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Are the targeting settings in that ad group setup to "Bid Only" instead of "Target and Bid"? This could lead to additional traffic beyond the people in the remarketing list. Scroll down to the "Choose targeting settings" on this page for more info:

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.