AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Find out who the visitor was at google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! 

My question may sound weird but, is there a way I can find out who exactly clicked on my ad banner to further reach out to the person?

Some guys I know claim they make it with the help of UTM markers, but I am sure it is impossible to use them this way.  Am I right?

Please let me know if there is really a way to track visitors. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Find out who the visitor was at google adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Elena,

You can link your adwords account with the GA account and enable auto-tagging in the GA account for the GCLID parameters to save time & efforts and more detailed data.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Archit,

Will it help me see visitors details (name/email)?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Elena,

You're not allowed to use GA to collect PII (Personally Identifiable Information).

Ali

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

No such information will be available until these get shared by the user via enquiry form or sign up form. 

You can get such details from the converted visitors but not all the visitors to your website.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
There are other products and services out there that will fill in company data as well as potentially who, based on job title, may be the visitor on your site (based on IP address and other databases). Companies like leadlander.com or virtualvisitor.com are two of them. I also think Zoho and Act-On offer similar services.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Elena,

The precise answer to your question is - NO. UTMs can't help you track personally identifiable infomation.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.